Meet our Senior Pastor
Below is a note from Rev. Dr. Judith Johnson-Siebold, who will lead Christ Church as pastor starting July 1. Anyone who would like to send along a note of welcome may email Pastor Judi at
I love to write, and yet I have put off writing this introductory letter to you. At first I couldn’t figure out why. Then I realized that I don’t know what you want to know about me.
Some people love to know about their pastor’s family, and others couldn’t care less. Some want to know about their pastor’s education, and others believe that common sense is what counts. Others are curious about their pastor’s hobbies, while others are more interested in how the pastor intends to work. Some want to hear about their pastor’s vast experience, and others are more hoping for youthful enthusiasm. Others are eager to learn about community service, while others aren’t. Some only want to know if the pastor will love and care for them. Others don’t really care. Some aren’t interested in any of this and will skip over this page. What’s a pastor to do?
To deal with this dilemma I will provide the following information with headings, so that anyone who wants to skip a section can easily do so. Here goes:
- Family: Husband Allen, Pastor at Cornerstone Community Church of Lansingburgh; 4 adult children, 5 young grandchildren.
- Education:Education: BA Syracuse; M.Div. Garrett; Ph.D. Syracuse University
- Hobbies:Writing, walking, quilting, decorating
- Experience:Experience: Ordained United Methodist Minister for entire adult life, serving large and small congregations, urban, suburban and rural.
- Community Service:President of the Board, Capital Area Council of Churches; Chair of the Commission on the Status and Role of Women, Upper New York Conference, United Methodist Church
- Will I love and care for You: Yes.
Well, I guess that’s it. I am very much looking forward to getting to know each of you as we discover each other.
Grace and peace,
The Reverend Dr. Judith Johnson-Siebold